Thursday, April 24, 2008

Changes

My friends,

The time has come to expand MP3some.

I have taken quite a shine to this blog thing. Still, I have found myself frustrated with the site's current format. There's only so much ground I can cover by writing five small essays a week, both in terms of breadth and depth.

I am fortunate to have some very talented friends whose tastes, writing abilities, and musical knowledge I respect immensely. It is from these friends of mine, in fact, that I have discovered many of my favorite records. Fairly recently, I began thinking about inviting some of them to contribute to the site. After a few weeks of contemplation, I decided to go through with it. My hope is to transform MP3some from the chronicle of one man's relationship with music into a broader center of good taste and incisive criticism. Of course, I will still be writing my own pieces much in the same way I always have. However, my writing will now be joined by the work of others as well.

On that note, I'd like to introduce Sam Baden, MP3some's jazz columnist and first major addition. I've known Sam for a while now, and every time we get together turns into a listening party (or an extended conversation about records). His knowledge of the genre is wide (spanning from the conventional to the avant garde), and his writing is fantastic. Monday will mark the beginning of the expanded edition of MP3some, and it will kick off with the beginning of Jazz Week. Both Sam and I will be writing on a different album every day and providing tracks for your appreciation.

Be on the lookout for new writers and features, and thanks for reading.

Until Monday.

- Kid Gloves

No comments: